Join us for our monthly Network Meeting, where we will provide Kamloops Food Policy Council & Interior Community Services updates, feast together, share event announcements, and hear about what the Young Agrarians has been up to recently. Read more
March 7, 2018 Network Meeting Summary
– We are celebrating our biggest group yet at 45 people today!
– The new strategic plan is being operationalized in purposeful and concrete ways. It is exciting to have a strong document to guide us through the next five years.
– Expect to see monthly newsletters after the inaugural launch in February.
– March was the first of what will be monthly articles in the Connector (page 3), providing a regular feature on food security. Rotating guest writers will provide the articles each month.
– The most recent world cuisine workshop was full and focused on Indian dishes. Keep your eyes open for upcoming cooking sessions!
– Bonnie is in the thick of grant writing season and several applications have been submitted in partnership with the City of Kamloops and Interior Community Services, in addition to the grants solely submitted by KFPC. Read more
At March’s Network Meeting, Jason Locke (left) and Ben Chobater from the City of Kamloops will be shedding light on the purpose of the Official Community Plan (OCP) — the City’s guiding land use and development document. Locke and Chobater will describe how the OCP relates to food systems and food security in the community, as well as any food security actions as a result.
Remember to bring a dish to share for the potluck! The Network Meeting runs from 5:30 – 7:30 PM at the Mt. Paul Community Food Centre (140 Laburnum Street).
We could not do the important work we do without the support of our generous sponsors:
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia