We are hiring a Stirfront Assistant to help us set-up, manage, and grow our community space at our food hub, The Stir!
The Stir – Canada Summer Job Posting: Food Hub Stirfront Assistant
Full Time position (30 hours per week)
8 weeks – Anticipated start date: July 1 2022
Rate: $19 per hour
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Food Hub Manager to operate the public community space of the food hub.
- Keeping the community space a welcoming location for community members and staff, including maintaining the seed library, people’s library, parklet and pop-up event and workshop space.
- Performing regular cleaning duties and keeping the space tidy as needed.
- Role may include customer service and processing transactions.
- Assisting community members and the Gleaning Abundance Program Coordinator and Butler Urban Farm Manager with local produce pick-ups and deliveries.
- Assisting the Parklet Project Manager with activating and maintaining the Stir’s outside community space and event and workshop planning and coordination.
- Helping to run pop-up events and workshops.
How to apply:
The Kamloops Food Policy Council values diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We are looking for qualified individuals at all job levels who represent the diversity of the people participating in the food system. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, origin and ethnic affiliations, abilities, ages, and religions.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please combine both cover letter and resume into one PDF document labeled: Last Name, First Name
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM Tuesday, May 31, 2022.