We are hiring a Kitchen Helper for our Food Hub, The Stir.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs position that is full-time (30 hours per week) for 8 weeks. The Kitchen Helper will help support local food processing in our community at our food hub, The Stir!
Full Time position (30 hours per week)
8 weeks – Anticipated start date: July 1 2022
Rate: $19 per hour
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the Food Hub Manager to oversee operations and facilities in the shared commercial kitchen.
- Ensuring equipment and surfaces are properly cleaned between rentals according to food hub policies and procedures and documenting any issues or discrepancies.
- Performing routine checks and documentation of temperatures and chemical concentrations using test strips.
- Preparing and refilling soaps and sanitizing solutions and consumables as needed.
- Performing regular cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Working with the Food Hub Manager to develop, prepare and package dried and preserved food products using gleaned produce from our Gleaning Abundance Program and urban farm for donation to the food bank.
- Learning to uphold a high-standard of food safety and documentation practices.
- Acting as an ambassador for the food hub to food hub clients and assisting them with general questions about the facility.
How to apply:
The Kamloops Food Policy Council values diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We are looking for qualified individuals at all job levels who represent the diversity of the people participating in the food system. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, origin and ethnic affiliations, abilities, ages, and religions.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Please combine both cover letter and resume into one PDF document labeled:
Last Name, First Name
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM Tuesday, May 31, 2022.